Friday, February 5, 2010

The Gospel According to Lost, by Chris Seay Review


Ok I admit it, up until recently I never really understood or followed the TV show LOST on ABC. However many friends and coworkers could not get enough of the mysterious show which generally leaves you with more questions than answers each week.

Recently I had the privilege of reading Chris Sealy's book the gospel according to LOST. After merely reading the publishers synopsis I was inspired to seek out the first season of LOST on DVD and begin the journey that many LOST fans have been on for a few seasons now.

The parallels and symbolism explained with respect to the gods word encourages you to use LOST as a Mechanism to share your faith as well as see normal everyday things and events as events to share God's word.

From the beginning I was challenged. Following LOST, you become connected and drawn toward a cast of strangers who were composed of a surgeon with addiction problems, a murderer, a con man, a junkie, a lottery winner and an Iraqi soldier. The book expands on each character. It challenged me to consider the people whom I surround myself. None of them would be accepted as characters on LOST. It encouraged me to expand my circle of friends to allow "the others" in.

One word of warning if you are a few seasons behind there may be a few secrets revealed in this book. You may want to finish watching season 5 before reading this book.
Currently available at your favourite bookseller.

No comments:

Post a Comment