Friday, August 6, 2010

The Bishop by Steven James - a Review

Publishers synopsis

This time, a congressman’s daughter is found dead—as her killers launch a spree of perfect murders in the Washington DC metro area. With nothing to link the crimes together, FBI special agent Patrick Bowers’ skills are pushed to the limit. Using his impeccable logic and innovative investigation techniques, Bowers is in a race against time to find the killers before they strike again, even as his personal life becomes more complicated than ever.

Although this is book 4 in The Bowers Files series, this book can be read as a stand-alone. Steven James’ masterful writing and mind-bending twists will have you on the edge of your seat!

My thoughts:
I knew what I was getting into when I picked up this book. Last summer, a friend had the first book in the series with her on a camping trip. She shared a portion of the book with us, due to the graphic nature, we begged her to stop. While this book is very graphic, the suspenseful nature grabs you and holds your attention to the point where you dont want to put it down. It definitely is not a book for those with a weak stomach. It's strong characters lend to an entertaining and enticing read. I can't wait to hit the bookstore to check out the previous 3 books in the series, and I am anticipating the release of The Queen next summer.

A definite recommended read if you like suspense, thriller type books.

Thank you Revell for providing this book complimentary to me in return for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment